Dr. Matthew Stahl provides the following equine vet services to area horse owners within a 40 mile radius of the Iron Range Veterinary Clinic.
- On farm, professional service 24 hours a day, with appointments when you are available–nights and weekends.
- Wellness care focused on the well-being of horse and owner delivered in a stress-free environment including yearly physical exams, vaccinations, deworming and parasite checks, dentistry, and care for chronic problems such as heaves and chronic laminitis.
- On farm emergency care, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for all common horse emergencies including colic, injuries, lacerations, choke, and anything else a horse can do to itself after hours.
- Digital Xray with instant on farm results, including evaluation of hoof conformation and coffin bone.
- Digital Ultrasound featuring reproductive and tendon/lameness.
- Ultrasound evaluation.
ON FARM SERVICES
- Eye Ulceractions
- Digital Radiographs
- Nerve blocks
- Ultrasound Tendons and Ligaments
- Health Papers
- Fecal Floatation
- Preventative and corrective with sedation and power float
- Wolf teeth extraction
- Molar/Premolar/Incisor extraction (preferable done In-Clinc)
- Uterine Ultrasound
- Pregnancy Detection
- Cyclical Staging
We can perform all of the On Farm services here at our clinic, but are able to provide more care for the intensive care patients.
Our in-house lab allows us improved monitoring via means of:
- Blood work
- IV catheter placement
- Fluid therapy
- Upper airway exams
- Indwelling ophthalmic catheters and
- Minor surgeries such as:
- Throat surgery
- Splint bone removal, and
- Dental extractions